The Mission for this Update
Create a vision, goals and supporting recommendations for the village to meet the current needs of the community through a citizen driven process. The plan should be embraced and designed by the community.
Purpose of a Comprehensive Plan
- Outline a long-range statement of the community’s vision for the future
- Provide strategic guidance for decision making related to development, redevelopment, preservation, and the provision of services and public facilities
- Serve as formal policy document endorsed by the Planning Commission and adopted by Village Council
What is in a Comprehensive Plan
Comprehensive plans typically provide land use, infrastructure, and policy recommendations for a variety of topics including:
- Community Character and Design
- Economic Development
- Redevelopment and Reinvestment
- Historic Preservation
- Natural Resource Preservation
- Recreation and Parks
- Community Facilities and Services
The recommendations are direction for village administration and elected leaders to assist in decision making on projects, regulations, and programs that seek to support a high-quality of life for current and future residents and businesses.
This update will rely heavily on citizen input and review to shape the content of the plan. In addition to the Steering Committee meetings, public input opportunities include online activities, public workshops, and open houses.
This will be a year-long process led by McBride Dale Clarion and village staff with assistance from a Steering Committee, which is comprised of mayor appointed residents, business operators, land owners, and other stakeholders. The Steering Committee will be asked to reachout to their neighbors to engage others in the process and bring neighborhood concerns to the attention of the planning team.